2019 Red Letter Awards
The Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT) Southeast Chapter honored the outstanding achievement and leadership of six of its members at the chapter’s 16th annual Red Letter Awards Gala on Thursday, October 17, 2019, at the Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta. The event was hosted by Carol Dorsey, Vice President of Client Services, Tyler Perry Studios.
The recipients of this year’s Red Letter Awards were recognized for making significant contributions to WICT’s mission of developing women leaders and exemplifying the chapter’s 2019 Touchstone theme, “Inspire & Others Will Follow.”
“We are pleased to celebrate six inspirational women at this year’s Red Letter Awards Gala. An inspirational leader is a mentor, guide, and a role model. Each of our honorees has helped those around them achieve their full potential with a helping hand that paves the way for future leaders,” said LaShaun Solomon, President of the WICT Southeast Chapter.
The 2019 Red Letter Award recipients:
• Inspiration Award, Woman of the Year: Tina Simmons, Senior Vice President Human Resources for Comcast will be honored for visionary leadership and having a milestone year that contributed to the evolution of the cable telecommunications industry.
• Catalyst Award, Women in Technology: Marilyn Altman, Vice President Technical Services Contracts at CommScope will be recognized for personal growth and professional contribution in a technology position.
• Horizon Award for Woman to Watch: Angela Cannon, Vice President for UP Faith & Family will be celebrated for her consistent record of professional success and job excellence.
• Mentor Award: Susannah Balish, Senior Director Supply Chain Management for Cox Communications, Inc. will be acknowledged for championing women’s issues in the workplace and developing mentoring initiatives within their organization and the industry.
• Rising Star Award for Emerging Leader: Shana Keith, Director Public Affairs for Cox Communications Inc. and Sarah Cheatham, Director Marketing Strategies for Discovery Inc., will both be recognized for establishing competence and success in their individual areas of expertise and for being influential leaders within their organization and the industry.