WICT Southeast Members,
Happy New Year!
The past year has been one of unexpected transition, in which we became forever bonded by major moments in history, in our industry and in our chapter. Looking forward, 2021 will be a year where we can cultivate change on our own terms.
To that end, the WICT Southeast Board has chosen one of the seven WICT Touchstones of Leadership as the foundation for all chapter initiatives this year: BE A CATALYST and set the wheels of change in motion. WICT is a transformational organization, and our chapter is poised to be a shining example of what it means to be a change agent.
“We are WICT.” It’s a phrase I find myself reflecting on often. It means different things to different members at different times. For me right now, it means community. A community that didn’t waver when faced with a year of challenge and will be steadfast in their resolve to own future change. But what does WICT mean to you?
In 2021 it could be any of the following:
- The ongoing commitment to member development through programs and content supporting female empowerment, diversity and inclusion, the LQBTQ+ community, and Black Lives Matter
- Global Mentoring Experience, a first-of-its-kind collaboration with global WICT chapters to provide a comprehensive mentoring program led by industry thought leaders
- WICT Leadership Conference Scholarship, offering fellowship opportunities for members to attend WICT Global’s marquee annual Leadership Conference, virtually or in New York City
- Executive-Level Roundtable Series, exploring Results Leadership, diversity initiatives, keeping women in the workforce, and planning and strategy in uncertain times
- Red Letter Awards, our 18th annual gala celebration recognizing the accomplishments and outstanding achievements of women in our industry
Thank you to our sponsors for your continued collaboration and commitment to the mission of developing and supporting women leaders in the cable telecommunications industry. Because of our partnerships, WICT Southeast can offer these exceptional professional development programs for no additional charge to our members. This unique benefit distinguishes the WICT Southeast chapter.
I have been involved with WICT as a member and volunteer for 10 years. For the last five, I have served on the WICT Southeast Board of Directors, most recently as Vice President. I am indebted to the Board for preparing me for the role of chapter President. It is a privilege to serve the second largest WICT chapter across the U.S., Europe, Latin America and the United Kingdom—a role I assume with respect.
I get to work alongside 35 inspiring women on the Board who are passionate about WICT and live the mission as I do. Together, we commit to giving you the tools you need to continue your progression as impactful leaders.
I read a lot of memoirs. Elaine Welteroth’s “More Than Enough” is one that keeps calling me back. I shared this quote from her book with the Board, and I leave it with you:
“When women affirm women, it unlocks our power: It gives us permission to shine brighter.”
Let this be our intention for 2021—both for women and for men. BE A CATALYST for change and lift each other up so we can all shine brighter together.
2021 WICT Southeast President
Healthgrades Senior Director, Content