Are you looking to build innovation and influence skills?
Seeking new strategies and tactics for solving big problems?
Ready to learn best practices that can immediately be applied in real world scenarios?
What is CableLabs:
Through partnerships in research, experimentation and imagination, CableLabs not only tackles the challenges that the connectivity industry faces today, but they are able to lay the groundwork for the future by discovering new ways to strengthen connections for millions tomorrow.
CableLabs creates global impact through 61 member companies around the world, their UpRamp startup platform, their market solutions provider Kyrio, a state-of-the art research and innovation facility, partnerships with top tier universities, and a collaborative ecosystem with thousands of suppliers.
What is the CableLabs Innovation Boot Camp:
CableLabs Innovation Boot Camp is an immersive 3 ½ day learning experience that will transform the way your think about and practice innovation. Excluded to only 20 participants, attendees will be challenged each day with an inspiring ideation practice on real life situations. On some days the group hits the road on a tour to learn how other companies innovate. Learning experiences to also include research on customer experience.
Participants will learn the FIRE framework and best practices for break-through innovation, through engagements with Phil McKinney, visionary CEO and award-winning author/podcaster, along with expert guest speakers and innovation coaches. Participants will work in small innovation teams to apply their new insights and develop a project that will be pitched to a panel innovation coaches, mentors & investors for real time feedback.
Attendees of the CableLabs Innovation Boot Camp include current and aspiring innovators committed to generating greater value for their customers and organizations in roles such as executives/managers, technologists, product managers, business developers, marketing professionals, intrapreneurs inside large organizations or entrepreneurs.
Here are a few cool things that have happened from boot camp experiences:
Wireless standards have been improved
Better understanding of Millennials
Data Privacy systems in research currently
Cable Operator Natural Disaster response systems are being developed currently Further investigations on Weather based intelligence for Cable Operators
Benefits of the CableLabs Innovation Boot Camp include:
- Innovative leadership development
- Gain a stronger innovation mindset, more strategies and new tools that can be customized and applied immediately upon return to work or entrepreneurial efforts
- Build more creative confidence, influence, leadership and what we call “Innovation Grit”, the ability to effectively deal with the expected forces that naturally resist new ideas and change
- Learn from innovation mentors, expert guest speakers, investors and trainers who are battle tested in innovation and willing to share what it really takes to innovate
- Join a unique community of innovators, fostering valuable relationships and educational opportunity beyond Boot Camp
October 15-18th, 2019 in Louisville, CO at the CableLabs Headquarters
•Registration: includes all materials, tours, meals and beverages that are part of the Boot Camp
•Hotel (shared accommodations with other Fellowship winner) for 4 nights
•Roundtrip airfare to Colorado
•Ground transportation from/to Colorado airport
NOTE: Recipient is responsible for travel, ground transportation and meals not covered by the CableLabs boot camp or fellowship.
CableLabs Louisville Office
858 Coal Creek Circle, Louisville, CO 80027
INNOVATION BOOT CAMP SCHEDULE
– Monday, Oct. 14 plan to arrive in Colorado and review the pre-work on your own time.
– Tuesday, Oct. 15 Innovation Boot Camp is scheduled from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
– Wednesday, Oct. 16 Innovation Boot Camp is scheduled from 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
– Thursday, Oct. 17 Innovation Boot Camp is scheduled from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
– Friday, Oct. 18 Innovation Boot Camp is from 8:00 a.m. to NOON.
Fellowship eligibility requirements:
- Applicant must be a 2019 Regular or Executive Level member of the WICT Southeast Chapter.
- Applicant has received manager’s approval to participate in the program and is responsible for arranging the time off from work. Members in transition are also encouraged to apply.
- Fellowship period will run Jan 1, 2019 – May 31, 2019
- Applicant must be a current WICT Southeast member
- Complete the WICT Southeast Inspire to Innovate application by May 31, 2019
- Winners to be selected and notified by Friday, June 14, 2019
- Fellows must be able to attend the entirety of the boot camp
The following factors will be considered when selecting fellowship recipients. The applicant demonstrates:
- Thoughtful, clear and thorough responses
- Clear goals that will be achieved by attending the CableLabs Innovation Boot Camp
- Ability to inspire others to join WICT (preference will be given to candidates that have referred new WICT Southeast Chapter members)