Your membership with The WICT Network: Southeast includes free access to mentoring programs, including volunteering to be a student mentor, participation in the peer-to-peer mentoring program or attending any of the mentoring seminars and events. If you are not yet a member, join today!
The WICT Network: Southeast offers two powerful and engaging mentoring programs: One for members and one for students with a strong interest in the media, entertainment and technology industry.
Student mentoring offers an elite group of students the opportunity to participate in a mentoring program through an esteemed cable and media industry organization, The WICT Network: Southeast. The program begins in September and ends in April. Students will be selected through a detailed application process and matched with experienced mentors in the media, entertainment and technology industry.
As a mentee, your responsibility will be to meet with your mentor at least twice a semester to discuss specific issues or areas you want to develop or prepare yourself to enter the work world. You will also be required to attend four professional development events. Mentoring relationships takes time and effort, so your commitment to this program is essential to its success.
This program is open to both female and male students.
- Enhance your leadership skills and gain confidence in your professional effectiveness.
- Increase your ability to develop skills related to career aspirations such as resume preparation and interviewing practice.
- Network with experienced professionals in the media, entertainment and technology industry.
- Kick-off: Meet your mentor, get inspired and learn about what to expect in the coming months.
- Shadowing for Success: Work alongside your mentor or another professional. Hear their career story (and potentially observe their daily routine).
- Resume and Interview Boot Camp: Receive expert advice on your resume and participate in mock interviews so you’re ready to apply for internships and jobs.
- Professional Round Robin: Learn about the multitude of career paths in our industry and the opportunity to speak openly with a panel of successful individuals in the industry.
- Mentors have the opportunity to inspire the next generation of telecommunications professionals and connect with potential future employees at a critical moment in their education.
Not able to commit to a mentor/mentee relationship? Volunteers and speakers are needed for our programs! Please let us know if you can help.
The WICT Network: Southeast is gearing up to kick off its 2022-2023 Student Mentoring program this fall with rising juniors, seniors and graduate students at colleges in Tennessee and Georgia. We’re looking for mentors from ALL professional levels. Candidates should expect to donate at least one hour a month of their time (can be virtual) from September 2022 to April 2023. You’ll be helping local students gain confidence, enhance their leadership skills and prepare for a career in our industry.
GLOBAL MENTORING EXPERIENCE 2023
Now accepting applications for mentors and mentees through April 28, 2023!
2023 Theme: TONE Your Career
The WICT Network: Southeast is excited to kick off the 2023 Global Mentoring Circles in May alongside The WICT Network: Latin America, The WICT Network: Southwest and new 2023 partner, TONE Networks.
The program offers members the opportunity to be a mentor or mentee, and attend virtual workshops led by industry leaders. Members can also connect internationally with members from the Southeast, Latin America, Southwest and other chapters.
The Global Mentoring Circles runs from May through November. Mentees and mentors in media, entertainment and technology industries will be grouped through a detailed application process. This program is open to both male and female members of The WICT Network.
Mentees who participate in this program will have an opportunity to:
- Experience a series of targeted workshops focused on professional growth.
- Virtually network with industry professionals from Southeast, Southwest and Latin America chapters of The WICT Network.
- Benefit from group virtual mentoring experiences focused on the mentee’s individual development.
- Participate in exciting developmental events and activities with inspirational speakers.
Applications are open now through April 21, 2023
Click below to become a member of The WICT Network: Southeast!
Interested in getting involved? Volunteer with The WICT Network: Southeast!
Consider becoming a sponsor of The WICT Network: Southeast!