FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 29, 2017
WICT Southeast Contact:
WICT SOUTHEAST ANNOUNCES WINNERS OF
THE 14th ANNUAL RED LETTER AWARDS
ATLANTA – The Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT) Southeast Chapter will honor the outstanding achievement and leadership of five of its members at the chapter’s 14th annual Red Letter Awards Gala. The ceremony will be held Thursday, October 19 at The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta (Downtown). The recipients of this year’s Red Letter Awards are recognized for making significant contributions to WICT’s mission of developing women leaders and exemplifying the chapter’s 2017 Touchstone theme, “Be Fearless.”
“On behalf of the WICT Southeast board of directors, I am thrilled to congratulate the recipients of the 2017 Red Letter Awards. These five incredible women have shown a spirit of fearlessness in their lives, in their careers, and in their commitment to serving others,” said Anne Loescher, president of the WICT Southeast Chapter.
The 2017 Red Letter Award recipients are as follows:
- Inspiration Award, Woman of the Year: Christina Miller, president of Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Boomerang for Turner, will be honored for visionary leadership and having a milestone year that contributed to the evolution of the cable telecommunications industry.
- Horizon Award for Woman to Watch: Stephanie Monroe, vice president of sales and retention for Cox Communications, will be celebrated for her consistent record of professional success and job excellence.
- Catalyst Award: Patricia Martin, vice president of service assurance for Cox Communications, will be recognized for her significant contributions in the industry as a woman who holds a position in technology.
- The Mentor Award: Janice Jernigan, director of customer experience for Cox Communications, will be acknowledged for championing women’s issues in the workplace and developing mentoring initiatives within their organization and the industry.
- Rising Star Award for Emerging Leader: Renita Griskel, director of emerging media content for Scripps Networks Interactive, will be recognized for establishing competency and success in her area of expertise and for being an influential leader within her organization and the industry.
Tickets for this year’s Red Letter Awards Gala are available at any early bird pricing of $1,650 per table, if purchased by September 8. Prices will increase to $1,850 per table starting September 9. Individual tickets can also be purchased for $195 each. All tables and tickets can be purchased by contacting Janine Bowling, director of partnerships. Email: email@example.com and phone: 678-492-3068.
About WICT Southeast
Established in 1980 as one of the national organization’s first local chapters, the Women in Cable Telecommunications Southeast Chapter consists of more than 1,000 members from Georgia, Alabama and Middle and East Tennessee, representing more than 70 cable, media and telecommunications companies. Membership is open to female and male professionals in the industry. Find out more on our website https://wictse.org, on LinkedIn or on Facebook for more information.
About WICT (Women in Cable Telecommunications)
WICT’s mission is to create women leaders who transform our industry. We do this by providing unparalleled professional development programs, commissioning original gender research, and supporting a B2B network that helps advance women. For nearly 40 years, WICT has partnered with cable and technology companies to help build a more robust pipeline of women leaders. Founded in 1979, and now over 10,000 members strong, WICT is the largest and oldest professional association serving women in cable media. Comcast NBCUniversal, Charter Communications, and Turner are WICT’s Strategic Touchstone Partners. Please visit www.wict.org or follow @WICT on Twitter for more information.