Steps to Stability – Team WICT Southeast Champions
Get your Fitbits, Garmins and Apple Watches ready! WICT Southeast and NAMIC Atlanta are counting steps and raising funds to combat homelessness in Atlanta. Steps to Stability is a 10-day challenge from Oct. 22 – 31 to log 1 million+ steps in support of youth overcoming homelessness at Covenant House.
WICT Southeast and NAMIC Atlanta are going head-to-head in a friendly competition. The first team to log 500,000 steps wins!
Why Steps to Stability?
Young people overcoming homelessness spend an average of 50 nights at Covenant House, and their paths to independence don’t always follow a straight line. Together, we are helping change the lives of teenagers, one step at a time. Funds raised will go directly to programs at Covenant House providing food, shelter, clothing, healthcare, education, legal aid and loving care to youth facing homelessness.
Who can join?
WICT Southeast and NAMIC Atlanta members
How can I participate?
It’s super easy to get involved. Click the button below, then click “join our team” to register.
For ten days, Oct. 22 – 31, walk, jog or run to help us support Covenant House. Log your steps at your own pace on a treadmill, around your house or through your neighborhood throughout the week.
Use your social networks, email or text to let your family, friends and co-workers know that you’re participating in a challenge to support homelessness in Atlanta and would love for them to donate to the cause. Give them your donation link, and you’re off to the races.
How to track your steps:
Track your steps by using the Movespring app – you can either connect your fitness tracker or add your steps manually. As a team, WICT Southeast and NAMIC Atlanta will work together towards our overall goal of 1 MILLION STEPS.
- Complete the registration form! This is how you will create your fundraising page and connect with your team.
- Download the MoveSpring app and create your Steps to Stability account! This connects to your wearable device or smartphone and automatically tracks your activity towards your 50,000 step goal.
- Follow the steps to connect a device. Confirm the code: Covenant (not case sensitive), then confirm Covenant House as the organization.
Once your account is created, you will be added to the Steps to Stability challenge!
By the way, regarding donations:
Donations are not tied to steps.
- The goal is to bring awareness to youth homelessness and support to Covenant House.
- Registered participants may alert their friends, family and companies what they are doing to support Covenant House via social posts, email, text etc., and ask them to donate to help Covenant House to provide food, shelter, clothing, healthcare, education, legal aid and loving care to youth facing homelessness.
- The donation process is simple: give on-line or checks can be mailed to Covenant House. Registration is not required to donate.
- All donors for the event will receive tax acknowledgements via email.