Student mentoring offers an elite group of students the opportunity to participate in a mentoring program through an esteemed cable and media industry organization, Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT). The Southeast chapter’s program begins in September and ends in April. Students will be selected through a detailed application process and matched with experienced mentors in the cable and/or telecommunications industry.
As a mentee, your responsibility will be to meet with your mentor at least twice a semester to discuss specific issues or areas you want to develop or prepare yourself to enter the work world. You will also be required to attend four professional development events. Mentoring relationships takes time and effort, so your commitment to this program is essential to its success.
*This program is open to both female and male students.
- Enhance your leadership skills and gain confidence in your professional effectiveness.
- Increase your ability to develop skills related to career aspirations such as resume preparation and interviewing practice.
- Network with experienced professionals in the cable and/or telecommunications industry.
- Kick-Off – Meet your mentor, get inspired, and learn about what to expect in the coming months.
- Shadowing for Success – Work alongside your mentor or another professional. Hear their career story (and potentially observe their daily routine).
- Resume and Interview Boot Camp – Receive expert advice on your resume and participate in mock interviews so that you are ready to apply for internships and jobs.
- Professional Round Robin – Learn about the multitude of career paths in our industry and the opportunity to speak openly with a panel of successful individuals in the industry.
Mentors have the opportunity to inspire the next generation of telecommunications professionals and connect with potential future employees at a critical moment in their education.
Not able to commit to a mentor/mentee relationship? Volunteers and speakers are needed for our programs! Please let us know if you can help.